Menu

IEW PAL reading

melmichigan

Can anyone share a little more about this program?

I have PAL writing, I am going to use Part II with my younger with AAS. I plan to use Part III as an intro. to IEW for my DD8's now and over the summer. (I'm debating using parts of IEW US history based writing with our history next year.) PAL reading seems at a glance to be a fun way of teaching the original phonetic sounds and rules that they will use in PR1, which I will use after AAS1 and part of AAS2. Has anyone used this yet that could share?

Melissa,

I have both PAL writing and reading programs and AAS. My 5 year old dd can read, however one of the main reasons I bought the PAL reading was to reinforce phonics in a fun effective way. We are having more fun than should be alowed in school and dd is learning the material so solidly. I am impressed! We are only on Lesson 9, but have experienced enough to understand that these techniques are a gift.

DD balked at ETC online and other worksheets in this style.

Kristi

Thank you for the reply! I talked to IEW today about the program. I think that with their return policy it will be worth looking at. I feel like I need something before PR1 for my youngers and this would tie in really well based on the samples. I want something fun too. :)