Menu

After Paragraph Town - not ready for EV

I'm right there with you. My oldest finished up "town" 1st semester of this year and I don't know when she'll be ready for "voyage". We continued on with CE II because she was ready for that and we both love it. Also, I probably am going to switch to Sadlier-Oxford Vocabulary Workshop after CE II because I'm not jazzed about the look of WWtW.

Also this semester, she's doing Killgallon's Grammar for Middle School, Figuratively Speaking, and a local creative writing class.

Next fall, she's most likely going to do Noden's Image Grammar, and I'm considering Ellen McHenry's Excavating English paired with Message and Meaning: An Introduction to Linguistics. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly she'll do for writing.

Yeah, we went through this. My oldest started Grammar Island last summer and I stopped at the end of the book because I realized we would gallop ahead of the writing. We started the series a second time this spring and she's much more ready for the writing - in fact, her writing is pretty good right now (much better than last year).

Is there anything you can do for a semester...so their writing skills can catch up? We also do Growing with Grammar (not sure how long we will do this program), but it was extra practice with grammar and writing.