Menu

Has anyone tried the "Peticure" nail filing rotary tool for pets?

I use an actual rechargeable Dremmel Tool. It is multipurpose, and my furkid , who hates his nails clipped, got used to it very quickly! You need to go for a few seconds at a time or it will burn the pooch. So, I do a few seconds on each nail and move on, then go back over them. My dog has black nails, so this is so much easier and I never make him bleed :-):grouphug:

I just got one of these!

Actually, after seeing the commercial, I checked out the web site, and noticed that they sell online, just the protector top if you already have a dremmel tool. We do, so I did order the adapter. It came last week, and WOW! I've always cut the nails the old fashioned way, and although my dogs have white nails and I don't clip into the quick, their nails grow quickly, and they click on our wood floors and are scratching them. So, I wanted to get the nails much shorter. And, the vet actor explained well how come my dogs still flinch even though I am not clipping their quick or drawing blood.

I have tried the dremmel tool without this end tip, and I can say it is scarry. And, the noise freaked out the dogs. This tip makes it more quiet, and it doesn't run away like it did before. Much more control.

I also really like how now I don't have to take the dogs out to run on the street after clipping nails, to wear down the rough edges. Sanding them smooth the first time is nice.

And, you can get the nails pretty tight. If you go over them more than a couple of times, you'll start generating too much heat, and that can burn them, so you can't file way down first time. You move from nail to nail, then come back and do them again and again. Once you get them to where they should be right up to the quick, then you won't have any trouble keeping them short.

I really like this new tool!