Menu

Need recs for a VERY auditory learning style

Ds has gone through testing (HFA, SPD, SID and many other issues) and found out his Verbal IQ is MUCH MUCH higher than his Non Verbal IQ. Not only is his VIQ much higher but his NVIQ is that of a 2-3 year old (he is 6.5) I am cross posting this in the special needs board but I am asking here as well. I am planning on SOTW audio as well as reading the sections to him (he needs repetition) but what else? I have the MUS skip counting CD but that is it. Any and all suggestions very welcomed. :001_smile:

Oops sorry thought this was the K-8 board- I didn't pay attention :blush: Guess I am cross posting on that board as well :blush:

Edited by wy_kid_wrangler04
fixed wording

Ds has gone through testing (HFA, SPD, SID and many other issues) and found out his Verbal IQ is MUCH MUCH higher than his Non Verbal IQ. Not only is his VIQ much higher but his NVIQ is that of a 2-3 year old (he is 6.5) I am cross posting this in the special needs board but I am asking here as well. I am planning on SOTW audio as well as reading the sections to him (he needs repetition) but what else? I have the MUS skip counting CD but that is it. Any and all suggestions very welcomed. :001_smile:

Oops sorry thought this was the K-8 board- I didn't pay attention :blush: Guess I am cross posting on that board as well :blush:

I'm not experienced enough here on the WTM boards to know whether I should post to your cross post! Guess I'll find out.

Sounds like memory work would be good for your ds. So often we tend to want to focus on weaknesses, but should build on strengths. Have you considered Classical Conversations (Foundations program) memory work? You can do this at home in short lessons each day.

After he listend to audio, you could have him narrate back to you - retell in his own words what he recalls. Also, copy work of good literature would be good in the grammar stage. You can use the same literature to do all this - worthwhile repetition.

HTH