Menu

R&S 3 - placement after FLL1/2?

monalisa

I'm probably going to switch to R&S grammar next year for 3rd grade after completing FLL 2 this year. Is R&S 3 the right place to start? DD8 has gotten everything down from FLL2 without issues. It is the format that I/we aren't liking, and I've looked at FLL3 and don't want to go there. From what I read, I assume R&S3 will be the right place to go, but just wondered what other's who've made this switch have found.

R&S 3 should be just fine. That is what we did with DD#1 (and will probably do with DD#2 as well, since we already have the books).

The only problem that DD#1 had when switching was that some of the definitions that she learned in FLL were not, word-for-word, what R&S used. The definition of a noun and the list of pronouns immediately come to mind. It really seemed to bother her, so what we did was continue to use the same definitions, word-for-word, that FLL used. Another thing that I did was to get R&S 2 and go through all of the Unit Reviews before moving on to R&S 3. That was my 1st child, LOL! Totally unnecessary & I could have gone straight to R&S 3, using FLL's definitions.

HTH!