Menu

Saxon 5/4 Teacher CDs

duckens

We are using the Saxon 5/4 teacher CD's this year. They are not necessary. You could use the book to teach the concepts instead. However, I really like having math be more independent. I think they are worth it and I will buy them for next year. I would recommend them, but it would be easy to do Saxon without them.

Suzanne

I am teaching Saxon 5/4 this year without the teacher CD's and my daughter and I are really enjoying our time together. I also have a child doing 7/6 and another doing Algebra 1 and they are using the Teacher CD's. We really like them, and I really need the Algebra 1 and above:tongue_smilie:

I use them for my older son (he is doing Saxon Alg II this year), so he can work independently. They also contain explanations for EVERY problem in the book....very nice as the level of math becomes more complicated. My dd prefers I teach her the lessons (she is finishing 7/6). They are not needed at the 5/4 level, unless you want your child to work independently (which my son has done since that level). Also, you can get a package much cheaper at www.cbd.com .

We are using them this year, and it has helped tremendously. With 5 kids all in a different level (of course!) it has been difficult to help them reword the problems they missed to make certain they have grasped the concepts. With the CD, every single problem, including the test problems and investigations, are all explained in a clear and easy to understand way. Do you HAVE to have them? No, we did it for a year and a half without them. Are they a bit of a lifesaver for larger families? Absolutely and they do encourage a child to be more self-directed. My kids all love having something to turn to immediately for help rather than waiting for mom to get done explaining something to a sibling.

Hope this helps!:iagree: