Menu

Spanish Lit. for Jr high onwards

I am currently searching for good literature in Spanish for my 11 year old. I am also hoping to compile a list for future years. Any suggestions.

I did find this site, and will need to take a closer look at it. But, I believe, it is for more advanced levels. (high school/college)

http://www.donquijote.org/spanishlanguage/literature/library/

Danielle

• 2 months later...

Scholastic has a book club in Spanish...mostly series books in translation, like Junie B. Jones, Pupply Place, etc., but there may be some literature. Homeschoolers can sign up to create an account, so you don't have to order through a school if you find anything worthwhile there.

I wonder if you could google your way to an answer on the web in Spanish...for example looking up a course on Children's Literature at a university in Latin America. If I remember after I'm done researching my current quest for books, I'll try to look around...I should really, really know the answer to this professionally, and I don't.

I studied abroad at one point, and I remember getting extrememly frustrated with a textbook...finally went to my host sister with textbook in one hand, dictionary in the other, and asked for help...and she ended up telling me that she could barely read it either because it turns out it was translated very poorly from English. That was back in the day before reliable internet, or I would have saved myself the trouble and bought the original!