Menu

Bone spur on palm of right hand -- what????

Two weeks ago we put in 56 linear feet of fencing, but only after taking out all the old rotten posts, which had to be dug up complete with their massive cement plugs from down *deep* in the ground. I knew that my hands were very sore from all the digging--nasty NTx black clay!

After things settled a bit, I noticed that I have a hard lump on my right hand, on the palm, just on the inner aspect of the index finger knuckle. If my hand were a clock face, it would be at one o'clock.

The swelling and stiffness of my hands has gone down a bit, day by day, but the hard lump remains, and tonight, I noticed that when I flex or extend that finger, that lump moves corresponding to the joint movement--it has to be a bone spur.

That's crazy. Make it gooo aawwaayy!

Anyone have an experience with this? It's really sore, and it makes opening one of my stiff doorknobs a real pain! I'm a lefty, but I use my right hand for most everything except writing.

TIA for advice!

Two weeks ago we put in 56 linear feet of fencing, but only after taking out all the old rotten posts, which had to be dug up complete with their massive cement plugs from down *deep* in the ground. I knew that my hands were very sore from all the digging--nasty NTx black clay!

After things settled a bit, I noticed that I have a hard lump on my right hand, on the palm, just on the inner aspect of the index finger knuckle. If my hand were a clock face, it would be at one o'clock.

The swelling and stiffness of my hands has gone down a bit, day by day, but the hard lump remains, and tonight, I noticed that when I flex or extend that finger, that lump moves corresponding to the joint movement--it has to be a bone spur.

That's crazy. Make it gooo aawwaayy!

Anyone have an experience with this? It's really sore, and it makes opening one of my stiff doorknobs a real pain! I'm a lefty, but I use my right hand for most everything except writing.

TIA for advice!

Sounds like a ganglion cyst. I'd have it checked if it doesn't get better soon.