Menu

Cartoon Guide to History

I read the modern history one and didn't really like it. :( But I LOVED his Cartoon Guide to Chemistry - the kids and I read it together last year and it was so easy to understand the concepts! I am going to have ds read it again this summer to warm-up for "real" chemistry in the fall.

Mine have all done these. Sigh. They are rude, crude, and not idealized. That appeals to my teen boys.

Yep, unfortunately my teen boy loves them! I do have to confess I preview and edit certain parts of Mr. Gonick's panels... lol ;). But have decided much of it he is ready to read and understand history in "crude" terms and the dreaded s-e-x aspect. Oh my. At least it reviews much of the boring stuff we taught in comic form and helps sonny boy understand the bigger picture. We use it as a reward after the formal lessons.

I read the modern history one and didn't really like it. :( But I LOVED his Cartoon Guide to Chemistry - the kids and I read it together last year and it was so easy to understand the concepts! I am going to have ds read it again this summer to warm-up for "real" chemistry in the fall.

We have the Cartoon Guide to Physics and love it!