Menu

PRtR 1 question

ztagrl

I've watched DVD 1 twice now, and I can't find where/how the student is supposed to practice letter formation for the lower case letters in weeks 1-2. Are they supposed to be doing that on the divided blueprint sheets? If so, how? Why are the sheets divided? How much are they supposed to practice each letter? If not, what are those blueprint sheets for?

I bought this curriculum used, but it appears to be fairly complete (student cards are missing) but should there be a written teacher's manual anywhere? I'm a bit frustrated with having to view and re-view DVDs each time I have a question.

I've watched DVD 1 twice now, and I can't find where/how the student is supposed to practice letter formation for the lower case letters in weeks 1-2. Are they supposed to be doing that on the divided blueprint sheets? If so, how? Why are the sheets divided? How much are they supposed to practice each letter? If not, what are those blueprint sheets for?

I bought this curriculum used, but it appears to be fairly complete (student cards are missing) but should there be a written teacher's manual anywhere? I'm a bit frustrated with having to view and re-view DVDs each time I have a question.

Did you get the clipboard? The program provides a blue, white-lined clipboard for practice. One line of each will suffice. The nuts and bolts of writing practice do come in week 5 and beyond when you are beginning to spell words. Have you seen week 5 on the DVDs? It will all make sense then.

Watch the first 6 weeks and begin to get a feel for the program. As you watch, take notes in the teacher's manual and have the student manual opened. I like to put WEEK:Day (5:3) in my manual on each page for easy reference. Hang in there. Before you know it, you'll be fast forwarding through the DVD spelling and it will all make perfect sense. PR is an amazing program and has worked wonders in our home.

Did you get the clipboard? The program provides a blue, white-lined clipboard for practice. One line of each will suffice. The nuts and bolts of writing practice do come in week 5 and beyond when you are beginning to spell words. Have you seen week 5 on the DVDs? It will all make sense then.

Watch the first 6 weeks and begin to get a feel for the program. As you watch, take notes in the teacher's manual and have the student manual opened. I like to put WEEK:Day (5:3) in my manual on each page for easy reference. Hang in there. Before you know it, you'll be fast forwarding through the DVD spelling and it will all make perfect sense. PR is an amazing program and has worked wonders in our home.

I am so excited to start PR with my first grader this fall. I follow all PR threads, and I SO appreciate all of your insight, Tina!