Menu

I did it... I took the plunge and ordered MM at HSBC!

Aloha2U

RightStart is our math spine, but I've decided to invest in and use Math Mammoth as our supplement (over the summer and as needed).

I purchased only the Light Blue series, but now I'm wondering about the Blue series, too. I'm excited about and still want to supplement with the Light Blue series, but I'm wondering if I should also incorporate either the MM Blue series or Singapore's IP & CWP. What would you do?

:lurk5:

I think the light blue series would be all you would need if you are going by grade level. If I remember right, the blue series is topic oriented, so if you were wanting to just study multiplication or just division you would get the blue series topic of that. I believe it's the same worksheets that are in the light blue, only ordered differently and grouped by subject. We have been using MM Light Blue Levels 1, 2, and 4 this year and my dc have learned a great deal. I also utilitize the cumulative reviews, extra worksheets and chapter tests that are available on the light blue CD.

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know about the Blue series.

Now, I need to decide whether I should keep or sell the Singapore IPs and CWPs that I have on the shelf. Anyone have any thoughts to share... on whether I should keep those (just in case) or not?

:lurk5:

I've know people have actually used them both. I find that Singapore approaches the same style of asian math just differently enough to keeping my dc on their toes. I occasionally throw in a page or two of IP, and plan on finishing the books over the summer with them a few days a week for review before diving into MM again in the fall.

I've noticed some of the exact same pages in my measurement MM unit and MM2B. It just doesn't go as far (but will by the time we do 3,4,5, & 6).

I have also ordered the light blue series, and am not even considering any more of the topical units (I bought the ones I have years ago.).