Menu

Lest you think I exaggerate - Thor (dh) make fire as I type!

Yep, my stories, epics really, of dh's legendary obssession with all things fire, which he is diligently imparting to our 4-H club, are not exaggerated for effect.

He is currently, sitting next to me at his work computer, with a pint jar of water, mixed with sodium, immersing two large pieces of graphite into the water which have been hooked up to speaker wire that is rigged to a 12 volt battery. Sparks are flying towards my desk and landing on the hardwood floor.

If I did not live here, the news headline would read, "Man and 3 Sons Burn to the Ground". Details at 11:00.

One thing that can never, ever happen....our insurance agent's son must not join our 4-H club. One report, just one, and NO HOMEOWNER'S INSURANCE!

Faith

Yep, my stories, epics really, of dh's legendary obssession with all things fire, which he is diligently imparting to our 4-H club, are not exaggerated for effect.

He is currently, sitting next to me at his work computer, with a pint jar of water, mixed with sodium, immersing two large pieces of graphite into the water which have been hooked up to speaker wire that is rigged to a 12 volt battery. Sparks are flying towards my desk and landing on the hardwood floor.

If I did not live here, the news headline would read, "Man and 3 Sons Burn to the Ground". Details at 11:00.

One thing that can never, ever happen....our insurance agent's son must not join our 4-H club. One report, just one, and NO HOMEOWNER'S INSURANCE!

Faith

:lol::lol::lol: It is SO quiet here I can hear the dog snoring.

So are you telling me my 17yo son really is not going to outgrow this??? When he was 12 I found him melting down all his army men with a lighter in the basement. He has moved on to making things that blow up. The last one sent boulders flying and shook my whole house. I told him he is probably on some government watch list. :001_smile:

He sounds great. Could we have him in our county? pleeeaaasee

It is awesome when the guys run the clubs. I know it is hard particularly since so many moms and dads work long hours. We have some neat leaders in our county but not many men. We cover lots of great stuff including livestock, archery and legislature but we could use someone who loves to blow stuff up. ;)

One year I covered electricity and magnets with a group of junior boys, they were enthusiastic but I did not have anyone available to take them further.

Our one guy leader has been around for years (long after his kids have grown) his specializes in rafting, kayaking, fishing, aquatic managmenet etc. He has a waiting list for his group.

So are you telling me my 17yo son really is not going to outgrow this??? When he was 12 I found him melting down all his army men with a lighter in the basement. He has moved on to making things that blow up. The last one sent boulders flying and shook my whole house. I told him he is probably on some government watch list. :001_smile:

:DIn his late thirties, my youngest uncle informed me that boys could find years of happiness with just three things: army men, matches, and rubber bands.