Menu

Classical Conversations Changes to Cycle 3 Foundations Guide

grace'smom

I've had a lot of people ask me for this by email so I thought I'd post it.

Changes to Cycle 3 audio CDs and MWRCD

These changes reflect the changes of the 3rd edition Foundations guide.

History

Changed wording of these sentences

Week 7 – The War of 1812 gave confidence to the US to write the Monroe Doctrine, warning Europeans not to attempt to colonize the Americas.

Week 10 – In 1853, after the Mexican War and the Gadsden Purchase, Polk’s belief in the doctrine of Manifest Destiny was realized.

Week 11 – In 1861, President Abraham Lincoln went to war with the Southern states which had seceded from the Union.

Week 13- change the date ‘1866’ to ‘1868’

Week 17 – In 1917, President Woodrow Wilson asked Congress to declare war on the Central Powers two years after German U-Boats sank the Lusitania, killing American citizens.

Geography

Changed some of the title headings

Changes to content information are bolded

Week 11 – title – add in parentheses, in small print (New England features)

Change the spelling of ‘Alleghany to Allegheny’

Week 12 – title - add in parentheses, in small print (Southern features)

Week 13 – title – change to ‘Western Mountains’’ Add Rocky Mountains to slide

Week 14 – title – change to Northwest Mountains

Week 15 – title – add (East) "Rivers (East)"

Week 16 – title – add (West) "Rivers (West)"

Week 20 – change ‘Miami and Ohio’ to ‘Miami and Erie’

Week 21 – title change to ‘Territories and Terrains’

Week 22 – change ‘Sonora’ to ‘Sonaran’

Week 24 – title - ‘More Prominent Features’

Math

Week 7 – add the number ‘169’ to the list

Week 8 – add the numbers ‘182’ and ‘196’ to the list

Week 9 – Place numbers ‘195’, ‘210’, and ‘225’ to the list

Weeks 21, 22, and 24 – added formula for multiplication

Science

Few word changes in the title

Week 6 – title s/b "what are some parts of the digestive system?" list should be: Mouth, Esophagus, Liver, Small intestine, Large intestine

Week 13 – change sentence to: "It is the number of protons in the nucleus of an atom, which is also the number of electrons in a neutral atom."

English Grammar

Some heading changes

Week 20 A phrase is a group of words that does not contain both a subject and a verb, and may be used as a single part of speech. A clause is a group of words that does contain both a subject and a verb.

I think it also reflects changes in the second to third edition curriculum guide- it says that underneath the doc title. I am not positive because I have the third edition so mine is all the same as this page. Maybe someone with a second edition can see if theirs would need the changes noted.

Here is the official list of changes from the 2nd edition of the Foundations guide to the 3rd edition of the Foundations guide. The 3rd edition of the Foundations guide is much easier on they eyes and more user friendly. It received a major facelift.

Updates were also made on the memory work audio CD's and power point CDs.

Even though I already owned the old version of the CD's, I opted to sign up for the C3 community, which has all of the most current material.

Here is the official list of changes from the 2nd edition of the Foundations guide to the 3rd edition of the Foundations guide. The 3rd edition of the Foundations guide is much easier on they eyes and more user friendly. It received a major facelift.

Updates were also made on the memory work audio CD's and power point CDs.

Even though I already owned the old version of the CD's, I opted to sign up for the C3 community, which has all of the most current material.

Thanks so much for sharing that! I am sure it's going to be a big help for someone!