Menu

Literature Guides to complement our SOTW4 study

I am planning out this next year's school year and wondering where I could get literature guides to go with literature recommendations for SOTW4. I have looked through the literature selections in the AG and I have also done some research with literature guide publishers, but I don't like to buy anything until I've heard what others have done and what has worked for them. I prefer secular but can use a Christian based guide.

Did anyone do this? Take two or three books in the SOTW4 AG literature suggestions and do a deeper literature study using a guide?

It really doesn't matter which two books I do. I'm trying to get my soon 11 year old daughter introduced to laid back literature analysis. :) I also need help in creating discussions with her about the literature she reads and help her to think through the point of the book, the author's message being communicated, etc.

I have used the questions suggested in TWTM for this in the past with my older student and I didn't feel like I knew enough myself to make that work for us. Would the resource, Teaching the Classics, be something that would benefit me? I do a lot of lesson planning already and I was thinking a lit. guide would help me to not have to go through the books and create something from scratch.

Thanks for any input! :)

SOTW Chapter 6 Anne of Green Gables has lots of literature guides available. I used the Teacher Created Materials one and it is great.

SOTW Chapter 16 Caddie Woodlawn, Little House on the Prairie, and Sign of the Beaver I think these all have literature guide available.

SOTW chapter 21 All Quiet on the Western Front I think Glencoe online has a great free indepth guide to this. I will get the link for you.

Sotw chapter 28 Number the Stars

Here is the link for Glencoe Literature guide They do have Number the Stars and All quiet on the Western Front as well as many others.

http://www.glencoe.com/sec/literature/litlibrary/

SOTW Chapter 6 Anne of Green Gables has lots of literature guides available. I used the Teacher Created Materials one and it is great.

SOTW Chapter 16 Caddie Woodlawn, Little House on the Prairie, and Sign of the Beaver I think these all have literature guide available.

SOTW chapter 21 All Quiet on the Western Front I think Glencoe online has a great free indepth guide to this. I will get the link for you.

Sotw chapter 28 Number the Stars

Here is the link for Glencoe Literature guide They do have Number the Stars and All quiet on the Western Front as well as many others.

http://www.glencoe.com/sec/literature/litlibrary/

Thanks so much Mrs. ReadsAlot! I will check out the latter two. We have actually read Anne of Green Gables, all the Little House books, and Caddie Woodlawn this year. But, the other two we have not! :)