Menu

I want something to coincide with SL Core 5 for my youngers..sm

BarbinTN

Would A Child's Geography fit the bill? The first volume seems very "science-y" to me. I have 2nd and 3rd grade boys that I need to do something with and I'm pretty sure Core 5 SL will be way over there head. I don't want to commit to the library for picture books for SL Core 5 and would just like to have something in hand for them.

Any thoughts? Should I get volume 2?

Thanks,

Barb

Children from Australia to Zimbabwe, Any children's or young people's Atlas (I have Kingfisher), A Child Like Me by DK, Material World

http://www.winterpromise.com/children_world.html There is one book Children from Many Lands that would work nicely.

These were also recommended to me in another thread: "Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children around the World. It is full of colorful picture. It focuses one child from many countries around the world. It gives an idea about their school, environment, housing, clothes, food, and local animals. My kids love learning about other kids. The children in the book are 6-9 years old.

The second book suggestion is a series of books. The books all start off with title Count your way through It teaches the number 1-10 in the language of that particular country. It gives a very general overview of the country's history, people, building, and environment.

I was able to check both out at the library but my kids love The UNICEF Children Just like Me I am going to buy it with my next rainbow resources order."

I am not familiar with A Child's Geography, but I know an Atlas along with one of the children's culture books should be great. That's what I am doing for 1st. :D