Menu

HST+.....Boscopup, or anyone else?

TracyP

I remember a HST thread where Boscopup mentioned planning the whole subject for a year and then archiving it. I think she said she put it in her 2010-11 planner and then archived it. Ok, so I can't figure out how to archive the lesson plans I made and once they are archived you can't access them to put them in assignments. I assume that is why you would put them in the 2010-11 planner first except I can't figure out how to do that either.:tongue_smilie:Can anyone help me out?

Yeah, I don't know that I need multiple copies, but if you put everything in a master lesson plan, you'd want a copy of the individual for archiving.

So here's how I do it (and someone who has a better method, please chime in!)... Let's say I'm doing math, which is Math Mammoth 2. I go through and make lessons for each section (1-1, 1-2, etc.), reviews, and tests. This is in a lesson plan called Math Mammoth 2. I then copy all the lessons (select them all, right click, and select copy), telling it to put them in my 2010-2011 master lesson plan. Now I go to the Maintenance tab, and there's a place to look at your lesson plan names. Here you can archive or unarchive them. The location of this option was not intuitive to me, and it took several times using it to remember where it was. So here, I archive the Math Mammoth 2 lesson plan, but I still have it in my master plan to use all year.

Again, there may be better methods. This is what I figured out in December. I don't yet know how I'll handle multiple kids, or whether I'll continue using the master lesson plan. I need to research that.

I'm not sure I understand why you need the master plan. Here is an example of what I do.

For DS1, the first time I did a lesson plan for Saxon 54 I entered all the assignments in the summer. As the year progressed I scheduled them and at the end of the year I archived the plan.

This year I went to the lesson plan (under Maintenance, Other, select table to edit) and maked Saxon 54 as unarchived. The plan now shows up in my Lesson Plans. I go to the lesson plan, highlight the assignments, right click and select "Mark as Unused", now I can schedule all of those assignments for a new child.

Not sure that is what you wanted to know/do, but maybe it will help.

I have seen the fruits of HST+ over the past few years as I reuse many plans from child to child.

As I said, I don't know if the master plan helps at all. I started using it after seeing it recommended on the HST+ forums, but once I started using it, I don't know that it's any better than just pulling from the different drop downs. Either way, I have to select something in a drop down. I might try individual lesson plans next year. :)

Okay, I don't think I will worry about a master plan right now. Boscopup, this idea was very helpful. It fits the way *I* wanted to use HST but I hadn't figured out how to do it. So I will just schedule the assignments for the week from my lesson plans and at the end of the year/plan I will archive it for future children. Thanks!

Beach Mom, that is exactly what drew me to HST. I think it will simplify my life to reuse plans for the next kiddo.