Menu

CW Homer - Do I have to get IG?

Katie.Louise

I have searched the boards for the answer to this question, and came up blank?

I am going to give Homer a try. I have the core book. I kind-of understand it, but would like a little more help. I want to use this with my upcoming 8th grader. We use R&S for grammar and I plan to just quickly run over the grammar parts of the lessons in Homer and focus more time on the writing.

So, if I have a tight budget, would it be okay to just get the Instructor's Guide or just the Student Workbook? Or do I really need both?

Thanks,

Katie

I think the IG is important as it gives you the model and the answers. The workbook has the exercise set ups for the child and the model. If you are very good at grammar and diagramming then you could just use the workbook.

I just used the IG for Aesop and we did just fine but Homer has such a high learning curve that the workbooks (as well as IG) were my security blanket. It took alot of stress off of me.

I just realized that my post is duplicated. :lol: It froze after I hit "submit" and I didn't think it went through. Sorry everyone.

Thank you both for your replies. This is very helpful. I am ordering some things from Rainbow Resource today and wondered which to get. I was really hoping to only buy one of them, but it sounds like maybe I need both.

Thanks again!

Katie