Menu

2nd Grade Art Curriculum?

Aloha2U

I bought Artistic Pursuits with all of the supplies for my K and 2nd grader. I like it very much as it gives some background in art history and teaches us how to experiment with the various art supplies. This is helpful in our house since one of my kids wants to be an artist, and I don't know much about art.

I took a break from it, though, when I realized that my kids needed instruction in how to draw (and Artistic Pursuits doesn't provide much in the way of that). So I bought Drawing With Children by Mona Brookes, and I am quite pleased with results from that program. After my kids' drawing abilities improve, I plan to go back to Artistic Pursuits.

Edited by Mrs Twain

I bought Artistic Pursuits with all of the supplies for my K and 2nd grader. I like it very much as it gives some background in art history and teaches us how to experiment with the various art supplies. This is helpful in our house since one of my kids wants to be an artist, and I don't know much about art.

I took a break from it, though, when I realized that my kids needed instruction in how to draw (and Artistic Pursuits doesn't provide much in the way of that). So I bought Drawing With Children by Mona Brookes, and I am quite pleased with results from that program. After my kids' drawing abilities improve, I plan to go back to Artistic Pursuits.

This is good to know, especially since we did some Drawing With Children in CC this year. It seems that Artistic Pursuits would be a good next in progression.