Menu

Bayard Jeunesse

ElizaG

Has anyone been successful in ordering Bayard Jeunesse magazines from the United States?

I tried the Canadian site, but apart from a few of their own titles, they're only licensed to distribute magazines within Canada. They refer American customers to the French publisher's site. When I go to order from there, though (which I've tried several times, two different ways), it gives me an error message. :001_huh:

I guess I should call their customer service, but was wondering if someone else has figured out a way through this maze...

I am not sure exactly which magazine that you are refering to, but I believe that you can order a subscription to some of their magazines from amazon.com.

Wow, I didn't know this!

This is the magazine we subscribe to and it's great: http://www.amazon.com/J-Apprends-Lire-Incls-CD-Rom/dp/B000071GCE/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301157409&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Amazon is certainly more expensive than if you are able to order through Canada; we pay $80 per year and the amazon subscription is $111. Yikes!

Here is a site where it says you can subscribe from anywhere in the world: http://www.frenchmagforkids.com/collection.htm

Sorry I'm not more help! :blush:

Well, you've got us going now. I've put off ordering any magazines because they're expensive, but dh and the kids want to, so we will. The local AF has at least some of these magazines, but we never seem to go there, and it is kind of nice to have your own magazine, I guess.

When they were little, the older kids got Youpi and Pomme d'Api. A few years later they got J'aime Lire. Ds12 really liked J'aime Lire, but I thought the stories were kind of strange. He still would like to get it or D'Lire, though. We'll probably get both, because I think ds8 would J'aime Lire, too.

I wouldn't mind getting Wapiti, or another of the nature magazines, too.

Hey, is that the sound of a cash register?:D

Well, you've got us going now. I've put off ordering any magazines because they're expensive, but dh and the kids want to, so we will. The local AF has at least some of these magazines, but we never seem to go there, and it is kind of nice to have your own magazine, I guess.

When they were little, the older kids got Youpi and Pomme d'Api. A few years later they got J'aime Lire. Ds12 really liked J'aime Lire, but I thought the stories were kind of strange. He still would like to get it or D'Lire, though. We'll probably get both, because I think ds8 would J'aime Lire, too.

I wouldn't mind getting Wapiti, or another of the nature magazines, too.

Hey, is that the sound of a cash register?:D

Glad we could all help to make you a little poorer! :D I almost went wild purchasing the Spanish magazines that I found on the website, when I thought .... **WAIT!**, my dd is not learning Spanish yet! Sigh! How is that for self-control? :tongue_smilie: