Menu

Math Fact Boot Camp

Roxy Roller

My DC all need to work on their math facts. I am thinking about putting together a boot camp for the summer. Do I need to go back to flashcards? We were so burnt out on flashcards when we were doing Abeka. The youngers need to work on their addition/subtraction facts, and I would really like all of them to learn their multiplication facts up to the 15s. Until now, I have only required up to the 12s, but they are not automatic - they still use their fingers to skip count up.

What do I need to look at to facilitate this? I have Calculadder, and we have used it, but I have not seen much improvement. I have wondered about putting together some kind of dictation of the facts on a digital recorder, that will go slow enough that they can write out the facts like 8x1=8, 8x2=16 etc., as they are listening.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated!

we have enjoyed using the wrap ups with the "wrap up rap" cd :).. if you have more than one kid (and wrap up set) learning the same thing you can have them race to see who can finish the wrap up key they are working on first :)

Thank you for this! Now that you mention the wrap-ups, I seem to remember someone posting about them on a thread not too long ago. I will have to look into them.