Menu

Following RightStart Level E - info please from the veterans!!

KimberlyNC

(This is a re-post as I think I originally didn't put it in the best location.)

I have been using Rightstart & my children are placing well above grade level with this curriculum (almost 2 years above grade level). We complete Level E this year & I'm planning what to do next.

I would like for those of you who have used Rightstart Geometric Approach followed by VideoText to please report how your child did on their testing at the end of the year. If you would, please include the age your child was when they took the test, the test you used (Iowa, Woodcock,etc) & test scores (you are welcome to put low 90's, high 80's, etc if you would prefer not to put specifics). It would also help to know if the student was 'self taught' or if you were teaching along side the videos with VideoText.

In addition, I would love reports from any of you who did other math series after RightStart E that differ from the scenario above (ie. Life of Fred, Singapore, Chalkdust, etc).

THANK YOU, THANK YOU in advance for taking time to help me make this decision by giving me some concrete 'results'. I found it interesting that none of the curriculum 'salespeople' at the SC Homeschool Conference' could give me any ballpark on how students do with their different curriculum. (That's why I'm doing my own research) :grouphug:

To simplify results, just copy & past, then record your results/post here:

Math series (in order of use):

Years used (2008-2010, etc):

Age of student at time of testing:

Test used:

Testing results:

Teacher involvement:

Self-taught Student:

Edited by KimberlyNC

• 2 months later...