Menu

Great forum to learn about teaching children a language/spanish?

I have learned so much from this forum, but I want to hear more about language learning (spanish). Any great forums you can suggest? Articles? I am bewildered on which program I should use with a K with exposure to spanish with dh and grandparents. This is not enough to moving him toward speaking spanish comfortably. I think I am rambling.....:D

There are a few internet forums primarily for people who learn languages on their own, but from what I've seen giving them not more than a glimpse, they basically repeat the same old generalties you will find here too. This one seems to have a bit of "emphasis" specifically on Spanish.

I'm not sure whether there are specialized forums for teaching foreign languages, though - you best bet are probably regular teacher forums in that language or general education-related forums directly in that language. You might wish googling your general questions and adding a word forum to the search or something like that.

• 1 year later...

I'm planning on using Calico Spanish with my almost-K and 2nd grader this fall. I speak it reasonably well, and it's a scripted program with a lot of music and activities built into it, so I'm hopeful it will work for us. Pricey, though - $300 for the homeschool version. I really haven't found anything else I thought would work for me, since I'm not a native speaker and don't want to just sit them down in front of some computer program.

• 2 weeks later...

Multilingual Living is a great resource, as well as Mommy Maestra. I just started a blog about our quest to do Spanish immersion homeschooling, even though I am not a native speaker. We started "school" 2 weeks ago, and I feel like it's going pretty well so far. I'm sure we'll run into plenty of bumps along the way, though. Good luck!!