Menu

Reading Logs

arliemaria

not yet. We have a binder and in it We have a page of family read alouds and i ask DS1 for comments.

I do plan to start them With a log sheet -- date, title author, and maybe a star rating ... untill he is older and can Write fluently...When he is maybe a year older and doing copy Work any Way -- all that he can copy, yk? I am going to leave off things he has to creat (summary, opinions) untill later as i read some plase it is unduely challanging to as a child to create and Write untill Writting is a Well establish skill; but that copy is not sure a challange as they do not have to 'come up With' the subject.

that is my plan -- start With a log sheet and then have the Writting aspect gorW With the boys.

I keep a list of the books they read, and include it in their yearbook. For individual books, I record the title and author. For the series books I sometimes just write, "Boxcar Children series (75 books)" I include the individual titles if I might want to remember them someday.