Menu

Writing Aids from Tapestry of Grace...

It is very comprehensive. I used it for the first time this year with 6th, 4th and 1st grader. They have all advanced tremendously in their skills, and they have quite a nice portfolio of finished pieces. My dc especially enjoy the various genres they get to try (e.g. newspaper writing, poetry, research report, etc.)

I just wanted to get some opinions on this. Is it comprehensive, or should I prepare to add to the program?

If you have used it, what type of results have your children had?

Jennifer

Jennifer,

Yes I think WA and the TOG writing program are very complete. I come from SL and Ruth Beechick methods, which are relaxed. The structure and instruction in TOG is like a breath of fresh air. Ahhh....

It really has impressed me.

Heather

Since you are asking.... Get a look at WA, if you can. See if it contains enough instruction for your comfort.

For me, WA alone wasn't enough. *I* didn't have the skills needed to implement it this past year. I'm currently working my way through the IEW TWSS dvds and see it has the clear steps I need to teach writing. Maybe after a year of IEW I will look back at WA and be able to use it competently. ;)