Menu

WWE 6th grader questions

thowell

I am rereading WWE textbook and want to make sure I am getting this correctly. If I understand pg. 14 my 6th grader should now be able to outline her history or science in a 2 level outline. Then put away the book and write her narration based on the outline. Is this correct? Hard to believe it could really be that simple. Dd is also doing the writing assignments in her R&S. So this is all we need to do for 6th grade?

I am rereading WWE textbook and want to make sure I am getting this correctly. If I understand pg. 14 my 6th grader should now be able to outline her history or science in a 2 level outline. Then put away the book and write her narration based on the outline. Is this correct? Hard to believe it could really be that simple. Dd is also doing the writing assignments in her R&S. So this is all we need to do for 6th grade?

That is what I understand from listening to SWB's mp3 on middle grade writing this week. My 8th grader hasn't actually done 1 level outlines yet. So I'm going to back up to there (I think that was 5th grade) but catch him up fast. He's very bright so it shouldn't take long. It is hard to believe it could be that simple. It makes me :D

SWB's Middle School Writing audio CD lays out 3 parts. If you haven't listened to it, I highly recommend it. It nicely details what you need to cover. Well worth the $4 and something you can come back to again and again.

Narrative summaries (4-5 sentences 2x/week) Science/History

Outlining (6th grade Two level) (2x/week)

Literary Essay (1x/week)