Menu

MFW Exploration to 1850 & 1850 to Modern Times

We used these (well, we are still in 1850-modern--week 21) for my son's 7th and 8th grades. It is great and going really well. We plan to use the MFW 9th grade AHL next year and it is perfect timing to start ancients again. We really enjoy MFW and these have been pretty much perfect for us. We have learned SO much and really enjoyed the process. I can't recommend this enough!

Aarggh! I just wrote out a big long reply and lost it! :banghead:

Very short summary: I used a "condensed" version of EX1850 and 1850MOD with my oldest in 8th grade, as she only had one year left before high school and wanted some modern American before moving on. I *love* the material, but I wish we'd had time to do it as written. I will do that with my middle gal in 7th & 8th (so the next two years). I'd actually started EX1850 with my middle gal this year, but then set it aside in order to focus on something else. (Our family's been a LOT busier this year than we have been in past years.)

I had all this information written out about how these two years help prepare the student for high school, both in skills preparedness and biblical worldview. It took me a long time to do that! Grrrr....

Maybe I'll come back and add more detail later.