Menu

Diana Waring*History Revealed* Anyone using this with their kids or in a co-op?

SO, before Tuesday, we're hashing out our ideas and what we should use as a "spine" in our co-op. Our choices look like SOTW or something like Diana Waring's program. The Waring history is geared for students 11-18, but can be adapted for younger. AND, we don't have to use the same thing for all ages... but it would be nice... Also, mostly I'm in (co)charge of the students 8th and younger.

We will be meeting once a week... it's mostly for projects and a good academic boost that we're meeting.

What'cha think?? Is anyone doing this? Something similar?? Thoughts??

I've been leaning towards using it for next year. Here are a few points to consider.

1. It's written from a young earth, literal creationist pov.

2. It's not considered classical, more of a unit study approach.

3. You spend 4 weeks per unit & each week is supposed to be geared towards a different learning style.

4. It has 3 levels instead of the 4 year in classical.

5. It can be adapted toward younger ages, but is written for 5th-12th grades.

6. There is not much about eastern cultures, until about half way through her RRR (Romans, Reformers, Revolutionaries) curricula.

Most of these I'm perfectly fine with, some more than others. It is from a VERY conservative Christian pov and looks at history through that lens. I've been reading at the Diana Waring yahoo group all morning so this is fresh in my brain. If I've misrepresented anything, please someone feel free to correct me.