Menu

Mid year switch? but to a higher level?

In2why

I just received the Saxon I want to use next year, and thought I was going to finish up MUS for this year and only bought it now because I got a wonderful price on it. Well after looking it over I am considering starting it now with lesson 1. Here is the history. I used Saxon 1 last year, and I liked it but found some of it tedious. So I switched to MUS Beta with some Math Mammoth to supplement thinking a mastering program would be better. DS isn't retaining as much math or moving ahead, so I decided to go back to Saxon and ordered Saxon 3. Looking at it I believe he could start Saxon 3 right now, and would be ahead. He is 7 and I only give him a grade level of 2nd because the state requires it, but he is a younger 2nd grader with a B-day in August.

What would you guys do? Do you think we might have a gap from not using Saxon 2 that MUS will pick up if we continue with it? Or would you switch? Can you think of any negatives or questions that I am not asking that matter?