Menu

How would you "convince" your son to come home for the rest of High School?

No one has seen an office bully? The Manager who delivers vague threats about your job unless you kiss his ring, competitive co workers who cut you down in order to gain favor or promotion by cutting you down. No one has seen that?

When my husband was first out of college, some of his co workers thought another employee looked like Homer Simpson. One employee framed a picture outside his cubicle of Homer Simpson without saying or doing anything. It was just implied that this was a picture of the employee. This is bullying and it happens everyday in all different types of work places. The employee had to of learned how to handle this type of bullying at some point in his life. Although this employee was 22 or 23 (post college grad), was it an option to leave his job and go home to mom? 14 is only 8 years away from 22 and you better learn to swim with the fishes at some point during that 8 year delta, or you will be eaten by the sharks.

It was an option for him to leave the job. I don't get where you are all into the "go home to mom" stuff.

The employee had to of learned how to handle this type of bullying at some point in his life. Although this employee was 22 or 23 (post college grad), was it an option to leave his job and go home to mom? 14 is only 8 years away from 22 and you better learn to swim with the fishes at some point during that 8 year delta, or you will be eaten by the sharks.

I'm having a hard time believing this is a serious post. Come on! No, I've never been bullied in an office. And I was not a kid who was bullied in school either. And guess what? I'm perfectly capable of sticking up for myself as needed without all that practice in the art of being treated like crap. Go figure!

You don't seriously think you have to be bullied as a kid in order to be able to handle it as an adult, do you? Once again, adults have many options available to them if they really are being bullied in an office setting. Way more options than a kid in school does. And way more of an ability to deal with it as well.

I can't even remotely take seriously the "14 is only 8 years from 22" bit let alone the concept that a boy should be shoved, spit at and threatened because in 8 years someone might be rude to him in an office setting. Please!

Edited by NanceXToo

I'm having a hard time believing this is a serious post. Come on! No, I've never been bullied in an office. And I was not a kid who was bullied in school either. And guess what? I'm perfectly capable of sticking up for myself as needed without all that practice in the art of being treated like crap. Go figure!

You don't seriously think you have to be bullied as a kid in order to be able to handle it as an adult, do you? Once again, adults have many options available to them if they really are being bullied in an office setting. Way more options than a kid in school does. And way more of an ability to deal with it as well.

I can't even remotely take seriously the "14 is only 8 years from 22" bit let alone the concept that a boy should be shoved, spit at and threatened because in 8 years someone might be rude to him in an office setting. Please!

:iagree: