Menu

TOG...D level Accountability Questions

After taking a break from TOG for two years, we are coming back to it for our next rotation. My ds will be in 5th grade using selections from UG and D. I love the idea of the accountability questions and want to utilize them, but have a few questions:

How do you use them in your homeschool?

Do you require your kids to answer all of them?

Do you have them write them out?

Do you do them orally?

Do you just use them as a guide for your own questions?

Do your kids complete them through out the week as they are reading?

Is the information found in all of the readings? (Core, In-depth, Lit.?)

Thanks for you help as I work through the buffet! :001_smile:

After taking a break from TOG for two years, we are coming back to it for our next rotation. My ds will be in 5th grade using selections from UG and D. I love the idea of the accountability questions and want to utilize them, but have a few questions:

How do you use them in your homeschool? As the incentive to encourage active reading. I remind them weekly to read through the questions before reading.

Do you require your kids to answer all of them? No. The older they are, the more questions they answer. I like to mix them up, too, so between all the dc, we answer all the questions. I also pick the ones they need more work on or if they are really into a particular area of study. I also have them make president cards, so if there are ??? about the pres., I simply denote"answer this on your prez. card"

Do you have them write them out? Yes. Then after discussion, we add or subtract to answer them better.

Do you do them orally? Yes. Every question during discussion.

Do you just use them as a guide for your own questions?

Do your kids complete them through out the week as they are reading? I give them that option.

Is the information found in all of the readings? (Core, In-depth, Lit.?) I thought it was just the core, but recently read the in-depth will help, too. At times, b/c we have a different edition that what is listed, they have referred to the Teacher's Notes (not discussion answers) if needed.

Thanks for you help as I work through the buffet! :001_smile:

Welcome :) I posted this on Ways we use TOG D. Perhaps it will help.