Menu

I have an LG ultra capacity dryer, though the model number is different. Mostly, I love it. It doesn't always dry things completely if the weather is humid. I have to set it to the longest cycle to dry things completely most of the time. You will want the pedastal for it, unless you are really, really short.;) Mine gets a big workout with our family of six and has been going strong for about 6 years with nary a problem.

I have an LG washer and dryer. They are electric, though.

When we first bought them I didn't think I would use the steam feature. I figured the old damp cloth thrown in with the load would work fine like it always has. Boy, was I wrong. The steam feature does an excellent job of getting out stubborn wrinkles, especially in dh's good work shirts and pants. The clothes do come out of the dryer a little damp so I throw them in the dryer on low for a few minutes. They look like they have been professionally pressed, even better than when they are fresh from the dryer. I may start doing all of dh's shirts and pants on the steamfresh and mine too! It's worth the extra few minutes.

If you can afford it, I would go with the pedestal. It will save all that bending over and provides you with a good bit of extra storage.

We bought ours at Best Buy and didn't pay an installation fee. I don't know if or what they charged for gas though.