Menu

Sorry another AAS question

mom2denj

WWE teaches writing composition, and FLL teaches grammar, while AAS teaches spelling so yes, you will need all of these if you want to round out your language arts with each subject.

As for OPGTR & AAS, there are various opinions, but I don't even plan to start spelling or AAS until we have completed phonics so overlap or doubling shouldn't be an issue.

my son is kinder and is at lesson 200 or so of OPGTR. We started AAS level one a couple weeks ago and he's at lesson 15. I've had him try, though and he can read all the words at the end of OPGTR without any assistance, so I'm just finishing it out to make sure we touch on all the phonics. I think it really depends on your child when to start AAS. Keep in mind, the first three lessons of AAS are just the phonograms of the alphabet, and segmenting words. So you could do that easily while doing almost any part of OPGTR. If your child is not really motivated to learn spelling, then just wait until 1st when there may be more interest. My son was def. ready and always wanting to know how to spell things and why so I didn't see the benefit in waiting.