Menu

Chemistry: Has anyone tried this kit?

We're using it and I like it. We were having a hard time getting experiments done. Now they're getting done. My son is in 7th grade and we're using CPO Physical Science. The author of Jr. Chemhead is a little silly for my taste, and sometimes the explanations are vague, but the every experiment we've done so far has worked. And the items sent in the kit are nice.

Thanks so much for the reply! It sounds like the items in the kit correlate well with the experiments in the book -- are there any extra items I would have to be prepared to have on hand, or that I might have trouble finding?

I'm also wondering if you think it might be too sophisticated for 4th-5th grade?

TIA!

The kit comes with a list of what you need outside the kit. None of it is too intimidating (except one sulphuric acid experiment that we're going to skip.)

It might be OK for 4th, but I'm not sure. I used Adventures with Atoms and Molecules at that age. Many of the experiments overlap.