Menu

WWE question

jlmom

You don't "need" the textbook. It does explain the hows and whys, but if you're comfortable with that (particularly if you've read the grammar-stage writing chapters in WTM and/or listened to SWB speak about grammar-stage writing), then you don't have to have that. The workbooks include everything you need to jump right in with the lessons.

(The textbook also includes placement tests and sample lessons for each of the levels.)

You just need the workbook, but I do recommend listening to SWB's audio lecture on teaching writing in the elementary years (and on up if you're dealing with those levels soon). It really explains HOW WWE works and WHY she has you do what you do. It's super helpful to know where you're going with the process. I believe the text book explains this as well, but I haven't read it yet, so I don't know for sure! I'm getting it when I do my purchases for the next grade up, as I'll probably end up using my own passages at some point anyway. I started out with WWE1 workbook and am glad I did. I'm not quite ready to pick my own passages yet. ;)