Menu

Saxon Meeting Book (for Saxon 3)

We bought the Saxon Meeting book for K and never used it and haven't bought one since. I am looking at Saxon 3 for next year and wondering if there is anything exceptional in the book that I should buy it.

It is more important to do the Meeting Book portion of each lesson than it is to actually have the meeting book itself.

You could print out your own months. And, you could write down counting lists elsewhere. There is also just a page that has a picture of knuckles on hands to show the how many days in a month, along with the rhyme. That's about it. The Meeting book portion of each lesson is extremely important to teaching Saxon! It is a lot of work, but worth all the effort. We are less than 40 lessons to the end of Saxon 3!

I am using Saxon 3 with my second grader right now and I do have the meeting book and we do use it but there's really nothing in it that you couldn't recreate. It has all the calendar pages, a few graph pages, and some counting strip pages.

I'm using Saxon K also and am not using the meeting book because I had the MFW K calendar pages to use and they are on thicker paper. The Saxon meeting books drive me crazy just because they are on that newsprint thin, ugly paper. I was just trying to decide whether I should order the Saxon 1 Meeting Book or just create my own on nicer paper.