Menu

WWYD--8th and then HS--EIL or Great Books Acad.?

I am looking for guidance/input about what to do for my dds for next year and as the lead-in to high school level work, especially for literature and history. I really want to get back to the 4 year rotation, since this'll be our last one. (gak!!)

So, this is what I have been thinking. I would like to do EIL level 1, Intro to Lit, next year in 8th grade. But then I want to get back to the rotation...so, I am thinking of using the reading list from Angelicum/Great Books Academy which would pretty much be literature/history/philosphy all in one, and quite rigorous and time consuming. But then, I sit here thinking, "then they won't get a chance to read all those OTHER really great but more modern books which get read in EIL!" So, I really don't know what to do.

I LOVE, and want to continue with, MCTLA, moving up from Voyage level this year to Magic Lens/WWW/AAW levels in the next years, but don't want to overschedule us too much that nothing gets done. This is especially important as I have youngers I am schooling, so I can't give 100% of my attention to dds--they have to be responsible for much of their own work/time-management. So, I am I crazy to want to do the reading list of GB Academy? Should I stick with a more "normal" approach to literature, and let the rotation with literature go? I would appreciate any insight or advice anyone has to share.:bigear:Thanks!