Menu

Knoxville, TN info...possible move in our future

Does anyone live in or around Knoxville, TN? My husband has just interviewed for a job there. We have visited a couple of times in the past couple of years but don't really know that much about the city or the surrounding areas.

I would like to know what areas around the city are good for house hunting?

We would prefer to live outside the city...house with some land/woods or possibly a house on lake property.

How is homeschooling in the area? I have 8th grader and 9th grader and my husband wants them to try PS or private school(which I would prefer).

any info about the area would be great.

We lived there a few years ago. I really like that area.

Our favorites are the, well anything outside Knoxville proper, but specifically

Southish of Knoxville -

Alcoa, Maryville, Louisville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Although the last two are somewhat touristy :) but I like them anyway.

Northish of Knoxville -

Clinton, Norris, Oak Ridge, Andersonville and Strawberry Plains.

We actually lived in Clinton, took us about 30 mins to get to Knox proper. If you want closer to the city the southern cities are closer, and if you want real close, Farragut isn't all that bad, just close :) Either way you have the Smokys to the south and Big South Fork to your north and the Tennessee River going through the middle. Lots to do!

My husband and I both attended the University of Tennessee and my parents have lived in the area for about 20 years. They live in Louisville. It is a very nice small town (if you can even call it that). They live right on the lake and love it. It's such a nice area. There are really no real stores in Louisville but Maryville is very close and that is where they do most of their shopping. It is a quiet community but has been growing recently.

We would move back to the Knoxville area in a heartbeat.

Blessings,

Elise in NC

We live in and love the Knoxville area. We've found it to be very homeschool and family friendly. I don't know too much about areas other than where we live, but if you'd like to PM me for more information, I'm happy to help.

Good luck to your dh. Knoxville is a great place!

:001_smile: