Menu

Abeka Language

amandajh

Is it possible to use the workbooks only for grades 3 and up, or do I have to have the teacher's book?

We have been using Christian Light and I am having to mark out so much from the workbooks that is not needed....I am now thinking I should have bought just the Abeka language workbooks because we do not need the spelling, penmanship or the creative writing in CLE....

Just contemplating selling and buying the Abeka workbooks.

Edited by amandajh

I like the teacher manuals but I would at least really recommend the answer keys. It is a lot to correct, figuring out all the answers yourself. I have 2 kids in third now and had one in fifth last year, haven't had any experience with fourth though. The third could be pulled off without either but there is NO way I could have done the fifth in a reasonable amount of time, esp. since I was never taught to diagram sentences. While I can do it to help him or explain it, it definitely isn't second nature enough to correct sentence after sentence in a timely fashion. Hope that helps! :)