Menu

Using more than 1 level of TRISMS at a time?

I have decided that I am switching my middle and high school students from Sonlight to TRISMS starting next year, or earlier if I can swing it. My question is this- Has anyone used more than one level of TRISMS with different kids in the same year? I would like to use History Makers for Cindy who is 10 but in the 6th grade, and possibly for Natalie who is 12 and in 7th. They are both functioning on about the same level. I would like to use Discovering the Ancient World for Andrew who is 14 and in 8th grade. I plan on spending many hours setting up a flowing weekly schedule with all my resources, copies, assignment sheets, and other subjects included.

Thoughts?

Beth:lol:

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

Yes, this year I'm using Discovering the Ancient World with my 9th grade ds and Expansion of Civilization with my 10th grade ds. It hasn't been difficult at all but I also used Discovering the Ancient World last year so I have experience teaching one of the levels. I started but didn't finish History Makers. The focus is different than the other volumes, whose focus I much prefer. Just throwing that out there in case you are like me and don't care for History Makers.

Thank you Cheryl. I ws wondering.. how do you set up your schedule? Right now with Sonlight, I prepare a weekly schedule for each kid that includes the sonlight along with everything else they need to get done and hand it to them with any copies, papers, activities that they need to do for the week. Would that work for TRISMS too?

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Thank you Cheryl. I ws wondering.. how do you set up your schedule? Right now with Sonlight, I prepare a weekly schedule for each kid that includes the sonlight along with everything else they need to get done and hand it to them with any copies, papers, activities that they need to do for the week. Would that work for TRISMS too?

Well, I don't do that but I think you could. I schedule when I need to begin each unit but we use several resources (like King's Meadow lectures) that are going to vary in number per unit so I don't have a set number of days where we listen to lectures/etc before beginning paperwork, which makes a strict schedule inconvenient. I do have a certain order in which I do things but how many days I spend on each varies per unit. I hope that makes sense. Have you joined the TRISMS Yahoo Group? http://trisms.com/