Menu

Powerpoint printing help-I am so frustrated!!!

I am trying to print a file from someone that is in powerpoint (no idea what version). They used a blue background. When I printed this it used all of my blue toner before I realized it. UGH! Now I have no more blue on my laser printer so I cannot try to print since it is empty and will not allow printing without blue apparently. The text is in white. Is there a way to print the text in black and have a white/clear background? I cannot open it in any other format except Powerpoint (I do not have MS Word, if that matters). I am totally clueless on this kind of stuff. :banghead:

I found one suggestion that said to use "pure black and white" under grayscale on Print What but my printer does not have that option. Any idea how I can print this? thanks for any all help.

Gina

I found one suggestion that said to use "pure black and white" under grayscale on Print What but my printer does not have that option. Any idea how I can print this? thanks for any all help.

Gina

Yes, if you check that box your printer should just print it in black and white. Try just printing one page first.

If you open the powerpoint presentation and then click on the design tab (at the top) there should be a set of themes in the middle top. One is a white box with a black Aa, if you click on that it will change your presentation to black print white background and then you should be able to print it.

Hope you find something that helps.

Thanks everyone, my dh has a better computer apparently since it allowed it to open as an outline, which will work (and I don't have to print 106 pages, only 19). I will have to play around with some of the suggestions once I have a new toner cartridge and can use my printer again! As always, the Hive is most resourceful:001_smile:

Gina

Thanks everyone, my dh has a better computer apparently since it allowed it to open as an outline, which will work (and I don't have to print 106 pages, only 19). I will have to play around with some of the suggestions once I have a new toner cartridge and can use my printer again! As always, the Hive is most resourceful:001_smile:

Gina

You can also print 6 or 9 slides per page. Choose "what to print"-->"handouts"-->6 (or 9) on the print screen.