Menu

Discipline question

So i am better getting a handle on disciplining my peeps and am really trying to stick to what i say. I get tired and end up forgetting the punishment or basically letting what ever situation get to far. I realized part of my problem was my lack of organization so I decided to have the kiddoes do one chore a day instead of once a week. these are our "special" chores. in addition to like making the bed, cleaning the room etc. I also realized i don't have like "steps" to escalate problems, i go from 0-grounded in like 60 seconds without warning. So at work (no, i wasn't particularly busy) i came up with a list of rewards and a list of steps of punishment. i felt bad though because the punishment list ended up being way longer than the rewards list and i had to really rack my brain with ways to motivate them. anyways, i gave them to my kids and today , though we slept most of the day away, it seems to be working. does this sound doable though? I want there to be more self motivation and self reliance. How do you guys do to keep your lives in order?