Menu

how do you make some extra $$$?

Since we started homeschooling and plan to continue, our plans of me going back to work once our kids are in school have been altered a bit. Does anyone have any unique/interesting ways to make some extra cash? I don't really want to start a business of my own (i.e. Mary Kay, etc.)

Guest momk2000

LiveOps.com

I work as an independent contractor with LiveOps. If you don't mind talking on the phone, it's a wonderful opportunity and the flexibility is great. I work when it's convenient for me (weekends, and evenings after the kids are in bed). Starting out can be slow, but if you stick with it your call volume will pick up and you can make a pretty decent part - time supplemental income.

I have worked with LiveOps for several years, had to stop for a year for personal reasons, and then picked it back up. I had been a top agent, and started again from scratch a few months ago. Things have picked up slowly, and I'm just starting to get back to where I was when I had to quit working. :)

I teach community ed. classes and get paid $15/hour. However, it's not like you can teach 20 hours a week, so it's not bringing in a lot of money.

I teach about 9 classes a year-I can totally decide how much I want to teach and what I want to teach. I've taught how to make felt boards, many environmental ed. classes, parachute activities with preschoolers, how to search the internet, making mozzarella cheese, art classes, classes on MN for preschoolers, creating a butterfly garden, Dutch oven cooking, snow shoeing, etc. Just another thought.

Does anyone have any unique/interesting ways to make some extra cash?

I work in a beer and liquor store. It's fun and interesting! Since they are open late, I work the evening shift so my dh can be home with the kids and I can still get in a decent number of hours per shift.

My dh says put a red light in your front window. Yes, he's kidding.

Tara