Menu

Omnibus online

Guest denver747

Guest denver747

Hi,

I a considering Omnibus 1 online with the primary books and can't decide if it is worth the time and $$ to do the secondary books online as well or just do these on our own. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks,

Monique

A friend of mine's dd is doing Omnibus 2 online this year. They love it! It was originally recommended to them by Veritas not to sign up for both the primary and secondary books online, so they're doing the secondary books on their own. My ds is signed up for Omnibus 3 next year, and we also will do the secondary books ourselves for two reasons: 1)cost, and 2)because this is a trial year for us. That would be my recommendation for you as well.

However, I can give you two reasons to consider signing up for both, if you want to look at this from all sides: :D

1) The secondary readings for Omnibus 1 are more fun, and easier to read than the primary ones (Narnia, etc.) so it should be a fun class.

2) My friend told me that Scholars Online was not as hard on her daughter as she personally was! She was afraid that the online class would be more rigorous, but it turned out that it was easier than they expected.

So, I guess it depends on how much money you have to spend. :)

Hi,

I a considering Omnibus 1 online with the primary books and can't decide if it is worth the time and $$ to do the secondary books online as well or just do these on our own. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks,

Monique

My ds is registered for Mr. Etter's secondary readings Omni 1 class. The primary reading class is full, I believe. I think there is still room in the secondary.

We chose secondary for the reason Julie in GA mentioned. My ds will be 13 at the time of the class and he would not be ready for the level of reading in the primary set. We'll do that the following year perhaps. The secondary class will be a great intro to online education. I've heard Mr. Etter is fantastic.

I am pre-reading the secondary books right now. Fascinating stuff!!

VP just added two more Omni I Primary classes. They will be taught by a different teacher. Mr. Etter has two spots left in his 8 am Omni I primary class.

It is not a general rule to not do Primary and Secondary together. That is only suggested when parents are nervous about the work load or how online classes work. As a general rule it is usually fine to do them together.

It is not a general rule to not do Primary and Secondary together. That is only suggested when parents are nervous about the work load or how online classes work. As a general rule it is usually fine to do them together.

Yes, that's true. My friend was originally told not to do both by VP staff when she was new to the program, and thought they were stating it as a general principle at the time, but then realized it must have been what you said above. Sorry if I wasn't clear.