Menu

Westward Ho! Cyber trek on the Oregon Trail

2cents

FYI for anyone interested.

The annual Westward Ho! Cyberbee event registration closes December 15th. The wagon train travels from Feb 7 to March 11th. I’ve done this once before with my children and we had a great time. There are interactive fireside chats and fates that spell either fortune or doom. It is a great educational adventure. My girls are doing it again this year. Here is the link and some info from the site:

http://www.cyberbee.com/wwho/index.html

Dear Pioneers and Scouts,

Load those wagons........kiss the kin goodbye.........get ready for adventure, drama, comedy, tragedy, and fantastic learning as we hit the Oregon Trail and head out west! Back for its eighteenth year, this simulated journey allows classes to travel the trail as part of the Westward HO! Wagon Train. In classrooms across the country, collaborative families, based on real families from America's past, make daily decisions (travel and fate scenarios are provided by the project moderators) that will influence their safe arrival in Oregon.To all the brave souls that join us... Godspeed and safe traveling.

Yore Faithful Wagonmistress,

Darlene