Menu

HCG Diet anyone?

I have the homeopathic drops and am about to start loading on the last day of my period - in the next few weeks.

It really helps to do lots of research, to read up on those forums, and to plan well. As people keep telling me, it really is a mental thing. Takes lots of determination and desire.

I have anywhere from 10-20 pounds to lose and I'll be going on the drops for 43 days, unless, of course, if by the end of 26, I feel content. But I'm usually one who loses weight very slowly.

ETA: You don't look like you need to lose weight. You look great! :)

My mom did it with great success, she lost about 20 lbs and has kept it off for over a year. She did not order the HCG through the Pounds and Inches people, she got it from Ebay for a lot less money, and it worked just as well. The Ebay company is Powermax.

HCG has a Facebook account and there are discussion boards that she found very helpful.

Good luck!:001_smile:

I had not heard of HCG for losing weight until today. My MIL recently lost 55 pounds doing this. I'm going to have to look into it. Where do I begin?

I like these forums and have found them very helpful. I only heard about hcg a few months ago and am planning to start later this month.

There are 2 types of hcg - the homeopathic (drops or pellets) and you can order these from many places and the non-homeopathic (which you have to inject, mix and all other stuff that I don't know much about). I'll be going for homeopathic drops.

The key things for success, in my very humble opinion:

1. research, research, research - spend time reading up and going on those forums.

2. plan this for a time that's suitable for you. You don't want failure. The hcg diet is very mind-oriented, if you KWIM. You have to be mentally ready for this.

3. there are 2 loading days in which you should eat as many healthy fats (and other foods that you may crave and really miss) as you can. Those who don't load sufficiently, have a very hard time.

There are some other important things to bear in mind. But those are the top 3 that I can think of right now.

Well, I started it, but 5 days into it my blood pressure was OUTTA' CONTROL HIGH and the pelvic pain I had been experiencing became unbearable. It was a no-go for me. :glare:

So sorry. :grouphug:

Were you on the homeopathic or, if I remember correctly, you were on the non-homeopathic? Maybe, just maybe, the homeopathic won't do that to you? Just a thought. :confused: