Menu

Bow or BB Gun as a gift for age 7 and 6?

Our kids have both and have used the BB guns more. However, they were quite a bit older (10 or older.) I would check with your local laws. They may not be able to own them if they are under 12 and there may be very specific supervision requirements. In some areas, it's a total pain in the neck, so check first.

We gave our son a BB gun when he was 5. He LOVED it.

When he was 7, we gave him a child's bow. He LOVED it.

Then, when he turned 10 we gave him a long bow. He loved it.

The bows needed more strength and accuracy to really have fun

at that young age. The BB was perfect for ages 5 to 7, because it was easier

in a way and they could have fun right away.

Our kids have both and have used the BB guns more. However, they were quite a bit older (10 or older.) I would check with your local laws. They may not be able to own them if they are under 12 and there may be very specific supervision requirements. In some areas, it's a total pain in the neck, so check first.

The kids will be supervised and my dh will lock up the guns with his pellet gun. They target shoot with him in our yard (targets and cans) but his pellet gun is too big for them to be accurate or comfortable.

My dh was concerned that the arrows could be way off target and more dangerous than the gun.

Thanks to everyone's advice, I'm giving in to DH, lol!