Menu

Help planning dd13s birthday party/sleepover...

It's Friday night. :001_unsure: We have the menu. She wants to have make-your-own pizzas. Not a problem. Making her a chocolate chip cookie cake. Not a problem. Chips, dip, candy, soda, popcorn...not a problem. She has about 6 girls coming, 4 spending the night. I know all the girls and like all of them. Good kids. Please help me plan some activities! DD13 wants movies...any suggestions for tame movies (All girls are from fairly conservative Christian families as are we...all except one). What about activities? What will we DO all night long? And the next day? Are tweens/teens into games and such? HELP?!?! Thanks. :)

If you can find these at your library:

Toy Story 3

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (hilarious, I usually don't have the patience to sit through any movie, and I'm quite conservative, but I loved this)

Ramona & Beezus

How to Train Your Dragon

Marmaduke

Give them some games, movies, and food, and they will be able to entertain themselves all night long. I bet they won't even touch the games or watch the movies. :)

I think you'll find that they will figure out a way to entertain themselves! I don't think you need to plan activities for them to do all night, they'll talk and laugh and come up with games and activities.

But some we did when my oldest daughter had some sleepovers for her birthday:

I set out various crafts

we did temporary tattoos- actually I think we had tattoo stamps with tattoo markers that could then be colored in, and they enjoyed putting those on each other

they did each other's nails

they sometimes played a board game

they played with the Wii and/or Rock Band 2

they ate

they watched movies

and mostly they stayed upstairs and giggled a lot.

movies...hmmm... Ella Enchanted? Tuck Everlasting? The first Harry Potter movie? I'm not sure exactly how conservative you want to be!