Menu

Online college math classes that don't utilize a textbook?

distancia

We are finally getting to the root of our DD's problems with math and it is coming down to the fact that she has some kind of math dyslexia.

She has always done extremely well with math on the computer. She tests very high on math on the computer. She can verbalize concepts that are shown on the computer and she explains them very thoroughly. But stick a pencil and paper and traditional textbook in front of her and she becomes a basket case, makes all sorts of errors transferring data, reverses numbers, etc.

Thinking abut the future, we are are trying to find an online math class (for college credit) she can take that utilizes a computer program similar to Kinetic, Plato, etc. (ALEKS won't work, it's not accepted for credit here in Florida).

If anyone could give me a lead I would appreciate it!

Edited by distancia

Thanks, K-FL. I guess there are a lot of choices (I saw them all through distancelearn.org) and the texts and format vary from county to county, school to school.

I am going to post in the high school boards to see if anyone has done a college math class online to see how it differs from a regular classroom.