Menu

Common Application - Max. File Size for Uploads

Janice in NJ

Does anyone know the maximum file size we have to work with? I've poked around on the site but I can't find the limits.

For the Student Side:

- Personal Essay. I'm guessing we won't have a problem with file size here.

- Additional Information. This is after the "Personal Essay." I would like to include scans of ds's Senior Project Notebook: an Engineering Design Project in Hydronic Heating. Does anyone know how much we need to squeeze this pdf file so it fits? THANKS!

For the Counselor:

- How much room do I have in the "Evaluation" Upload?

THANKS!

Janice

Does anyone know the maximum file size we have to work with? I've poked around on the site but I can't find the limits.

For the Student Side:

- Personal Essay. I'm guessing we won't have a problem with file size here.

- Additional Information. This is after the "Personal Essay." I would like to include scans of ds's Senior Project Notebook: an Engineering Design Project in Hydronic Heating. Does anyone know how much we need to squeeze this pdf file so it fits? THANKS!

For the Counselor:

- How much room do I have in the "Evaluation" Upload?

THANKS!

Janice

Hmmm, I don't know about the additional information. As the counselor, I combined the transcript and the course descriptions into one document and uploaded at the transcript part. The counselor recommendation letter was standard length.

If you can't scan the project, just send copies of it snail mail directly to the colleges to which he is applying.

Janice,

I really don't know. However, my son's transcript with course descriptions was 9 pages all total, and it uploaded just fine.

I think if you play around with the Common App, you could try uploading various sizes of files and see if there are any issues. As long as you don't hit "submit", you can upload and then delete what you uploaded multiple times. Just use Print Preview to make sure everything went in properly.

HTH,

Brenda