Menu

calling all creative minds...

I want my daughter (age 10) to make up a coupon book to give to her dad for his birthday...with coupons on it for the 2 of them to do things together. We live in a very rural area and we don't have things like museums, zoos, science centers and the like to go to, so I am trying to come up with other things. I intend to have her help create this book, but she might need a few ideas to get going on. So, if anybody can give me an idea or two, I would be very grateful!! Thanks.

Bowling

Ice cream shop

Hiking

Swimming (if you have a lake nearby)

Bake cookies or bread

Pizza parlor or other fun lunch outing (mine like Panda Express)

Work on a puzzle

Stay up late and watch a movie

Go to a movie theater

These are things my dc enjoy doing on their special days with dad. Well, except the baking. They think I'm the only one who should do that. :tongue_smilie:

Cinder

Edited by Cinder
more ideas

My dc get a huge kick out of going to a nice restaurant with dh and just ordering dessert.

I sent dh and dd7 to Lowe's one time with a scavenger hunt list. They had to take a picture of each item with dh's cell phone. She was supposed to have gone to a b-day party but it got canceled. I was trying to make her feel better and dh had to go to Lowe's for plumbing stuff. They had a blast...dh said it was fun sneaking pictures of stuff without anyone seeing.

Do you have an I-hop? Maybe smiley face pancakes for dinner.

Maybe for some of the stuff dh and dd could do at home, you could take the other kiddos out for an hour or so, so they don't feel left out.

I thought of something else. We used to live in a semi-rural area near a major river. There was a cute, little country store not too far from us that was right on the river. Dh would take a ds there and they'd get sarsaparilla soda and skip rocks in the river. It was one of their favorite activities. So much so that when we were in the area earlier in the year we stopped by there just to buy soda and skip rocks.

Sometimes it's the little things. ;)

Cinder